Food Drive and Volunteer Activity
Help Harvesters feed hungry children and have nonperishable ready-to-eat meals available for disaster relief response by donating Give Lunch bags. This is a great activity for groups.
How It Works
The Give Lunch program has two components: a food or fund drive followed by a volunteer activity.
- Collect food to put in each sack.
- Collecting items in bulk or asking several volunteers to purchase food in bulk after collecting monetary donations works very well for this drive.
- If you are able to raise $2,000 or more, we suggest you purchase your food items through Harvesters’ Give Lunch Partner, Sysco. Sysco will provide better than retail pricing and will deliver the product directly to you. See more detailed information about this partnership at the bottom of this page.
Each Sack Should Include:
- Whole grain item (crackers or pretzels)
- Protein item (single serving canned meat with a pop top, shelf stable hummus or sun butter, or chicken/tuna salad)
- Shelf stable milk, bottled water, or juice box (100% juice)
- Snack items (individually packaged raisins or trail mix)
- Fruit Cup with pop-top or applesauce
- Granola bar
Harvesters will provide brown paper sacks, boxes, utensils, and personalized “This sack was packed by…” stickers to your group or organization.
- Gather volunteers to pack the individual sacks.
- Place 9 sacks into each box.
- Deliver your completed sacks to Harvesters*
*If you pack more sacks than will fit in your personal vehicle, please contact us to arrange pickup.
Order Give Lunch Food Items Through Sysco
If your group has a minimum of $2,000 to spend on your Give Lunch activity, you can order your food items in bulk through Harvesters’ Give Lunch Partner, Sysco. Sysco will provide better than retail pricing and will deliver the product directly to you.
Fill out the form below to indicate your interest in ordering from Sysco. A member of Harvesters’ Community Engagement Team will then contact you with additional details.
Please make sure you place your order a minimum of 6 weeks before you need it, to ensure the order can be filled and delivered on time. Unless you or your organization are an existing Sysco account holder, credit card is the only accepted form of payment.