Virtual Field Trip
Harvesters’ Virtual Field Trip will take your group on an interactive and behind-the-scenes look at Harvesters and how we feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow. Students will complete activities that engage, educate and empower them to fight hunger in their community. This experience is designed for both school groups and home school settings.
First, participants will attend a virtual hunger education session hosted by Harvesters staff. At the end of the session, students will be able to:
- Define hunger and food insecurity
- List barriers to obtaining food
- Brainstorm action steps to help work towards solving hunger in their community
Next, they’ll complete at least two activities that fall under Harvesters’ 4 calls to action: Give Food, Give Time, Give Money, and Give Voice.
- Host a Virtual Food Drive to raise funds that we can use to purchase, store, transport and distribute food throughout our community. For every $1 donated, we are able to provide 3 meals!
- Host a virtual or in-person Community Education Event to share what you’ve learned about hunger with family and friends.
- Spread the word to other classes in your school by creating posters, bulletin boards, or presentations to share with them.
- Share informative videos on your classroom website
Schedule your school’s virtual field trip by contacting Harvesters’ Community Engagement Department:
Kansas City: firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 929-3090
Topeka: email@example.com or (785) 861-7750
Once finished with both parts, participants will receive a certificate of completion.