Receive news via email
Plant A Row for the Hungry (PAR), is a people-helping-people program aimed at feeding the hungry in communities across the country. Harvesters' PAR program is a partnership with the Master Gardeners of Greater Kansas City. Last year, Harvesters distributed more than 52 million pounds of food, including 17 million pounds of fresh produce. Area gardeners donated more than 10 thousand pounds of fresh produce to help feed the hungry - one row at a time!
Gardeners are encouraged to plant an extra row of fruits and vegetables and donate that produce to Harvesters. Harvesters then distributes the produce to its more than 620 member agencies across its region.
During the growing season, take fresh garden produce to one of the folloiwng PAR drop-off sites:
Family Tree Nursery
- 830 West Liberty Drive, Liberty, MO
- 8424 Farley, Overland Park, KS
- 7036 Nieman Road, Shawnee, KS
- 3801 Topping Avenue, Kansas City, MO
- 215 Southeast Quincy Street, Topeka, KS
- 10300 View High Drive, Kansas City, MO
Soil Service Nursery
- 7125 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, MO
Suburban Lawn and Garden
- 10501 Roe Avenue, Overland Park, KS
All form fields are required