Receive news via email
Because Harvesters is a food bank, we do not provide direct services to clients but distribute food through a network of more than 760 nonprofit agencies, including food pantries, kitchens and shelters.
During fiscal year 2018, Harvesters’ agencies helped Harvesters distribute more than 52 million pounds of food, providing more than 47 million meals. Organizations can sign up to distribute food and offer nutrition education classes through one or more of Harvesters’ programs.
Organizations must meet these basic criteria to join Harvesters’ network:
• Applicants must operate within Harvesters’ 26-county service area.
• Applicants must have a 501(c)3 tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service.
• Pantries must serve 100 or more households per month.
• Kitchens must serve 200 or more meals per month.
• Applicants must have provided services for a minimum of six months prior to application.
If an Agency is within five miles of another Agency operating a similar outreach program, Harvesters suggests that the agencies collaborate to better serve the community with a team effort. The applying agency may or may not be approved if providing the same service in close proximity to an existing member agency.
Are you interested in seeing what other agencies in your area are already part of the Harvesters Network? Check out our agency locator for member food pantries.
Learn more about becoming an agency.
If you are interested in learning more and receiving application materials, please fill out and submit this form.